Monday, July 2, 2007

Chipboard & Lacing


A while ago, I saw a lacing kit in my local scrapbooking store that I really like but at $50.00 there wasn't any chance in this lifetime I was going to buy it and well, I could just make it myself, right? Right!

I spent this afternoon in the craft room starting a couple of projects, finishing a couple, dreaming up a couple...a week long vacation is a lovely thing!

Here is my version of the lacing kit that I made using photos of my dear friends Mel and Steve's new born baby daughter and their two oldest kids, who I must say are the darn cutest kids I know :-D

I liked this project but have a few tweaks I want to make to it before I make the next one (one would be lace the pages together first!)

Supplies used are, Stampin' Up!:
2 12x12 extra thin chipboard (usually found in the back of 12x12 packages cardstock packs or Stampin' Up! Simply Scrappin' Kits) cut down to 6x3 3/4 pieces
Au Chocolate Paper
Soft Sky Designer Paper
6x6 Palette O Prints
On Board Blossoms & Basics chipboard (I LOVE THESE!)
In Board Simon lower chipboard letters
Green Gingham Ribbon
Craft Ink (do not use classic ink - the color sinks into the chipboard and changes color).

1 comment:

Heather P. said...

This is a fantastic project... I love how it turned out! :)