Thursday, August 9, 2007

Crop-("of-love")-A-Dile

How many accessories does it take to make a super cute 3x3 card you ask? Well, let's count them!

1) Paper Cutter
2) Scissors
3) Crop-of love-A-Dile for brad embossing and eyelet setting. Have I told you today how much I LOVE that crop-a-dile? lol
4) Eyelets
5) Scallop punch - Mucho love goes to this new punch also...kissy kissy...
Ok, back to earth...
6) 1-3/8 round punch
7) 1-1/4 round punch
8) Ribbon - but of course!
9) Sponge for feathering

9 accessories....It's SOOO worth it don't you think?

Here is a close up of the embossed brads. It so fast and easy to get this effect.
Set your Crop-of-love-A-Dile to settings A and 1. Use the black edge of the C-A-D to evenly space your "embossed brads" or go freestyle like me :)

Here's a word of advise.Practice first so you can work out how hard to press without poking a hole through your paper :D

I found that adhering the designer paper to the cardstock first and them using the Crop-A-Dile works best as the DP is thinner and tears easily.

Oh I nearly forgot! I used River Rock cardstock as the base for the 3x3 card. Apple Cider Double Sided Designer Paper, Blue Bayou double stitch ribbon, Antique Brass Eyelets. Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and Very Vanilla cardstock for the centerpiece. In The Spotlight Hostess set and Sweet Shapes stamp sets. Soft Sky and Mellow Moss Classic Ink for the center center and close to cocoa for the feathered edge.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marie....I am drooling over my computer keyboard. This is soooo pretty! Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Too stinking cute! The colors are fabulous, the design is adorable, the faux brad embossing is too die for. I love it all!

Karen

Heather P. said...

What an adorable card!!

Beth Thomas said...

That is so sweet! I love your colors and design!