Friday, February 22, 2008

Regionals inspiration, cards and a 3D project

This week has been a heavy work schedule week...long hours hence I have been so quiet but I have had a chance to stamp in the evenings but no energy to post. So here is a 3 part post covering my stamping adventures this week.

Part One:


The Stampin' Up! regional meeting in Oakland this past weekend was so much fun. Catching up with my stamping friends, getting some great swaps and learning a few different things.

This card is a case from a swap I received from Linda
Simons. I spotted her card a few feet away while swapping out in the lobby and just knew I had to have one and I was definitely going to case it! What a simply elegant design. I just loved it from the get go! The hand stamped background I switched out and used the SU! Boho
Backgrounds stamp set. Everything else is pretty much to spec...how could you alter it?! :D Did I mention I love this card? For those ladies who participate in my monthly card swap...SURPRISE! :) This will be my card to you!


Part Two:
One of the nuggets of the regional was directions to make this super cute bag. It has two pockets which makes it extra fun.

For my
monthly card swap members - SURPRISE!! I decided to go ahead and make one of these for each of you. Each bag will have three 4x4 cards in it also.I used my Rose Cottage Simply
Scrappin' Kit to make these.

These are a few of the selections of the 4x4 cards I made with the Rose Cottage Simply
Scrappin' Kit that will be tucked into each bag for the Monthly swap members.

Part three:

The challenge for this month's card swap was the
Faux Silk technique.

Here is my card :D

I hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Patty Bennett said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE AND SUPER CUTE!! :) Love them all.. YOU ROCK!! :) I'm so happy that you are in my group!! Patty

Unknown said...

Wow, those bags/cards are awesome! I feel priveledged to have joined the group )and I must say at exactly the right time! lol) Can't wait to see what everyone else made!