Friday, January 18, 2008

And finally a card...

The craft room is finally unpacked and about 90% in place but I just couldn't wait any longer to craft. It has been way too long! Also, with the monthly card swap looming over my head, I just had to getting my fingers dipped back in the ink pads.

I can't believe how long it took for me to complete this card. I have definitely lost my mojo! *sob*

With the daunting task of making a card for the first time in what feels like months, I looked for my all time favorite stamps, which come from American Arts. This specific stamp comes from the Karen Stolper collection named Rainy Day.

I used Close to Cocoa and Very Vanilla cardstock, Tres Jolle's Ooh Lah Lah double sided patterned paper from My Minds Eye, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink and Bashful Blue Markers.

I used a Versamark pen and colored over the pool of water and heat set Clear Embossing Powder. I applied three layers of the EP to give the water extra shine.

I then feathered all layers with a sponge and Close to Cocoa classic ink and used the paper piercing set from the Crafter's Tool Kit for the stitching and finished it off with the fine point of my Close to Cocoa marker.

How nice it was to make a card again!

Hopefully my mojo will come flooding back in the next day or so!




1 comment:

Susan said...

I really like everything about this card. Nice to receive it, esp. if you're having a ba day. Very nice work.