Monday, July 14, 2008

Card Of The Week Sketch Challenge #3

We had another great Sketch Challenge for Card Of The Week this week. I can't seem to just do one card! :)

Here was the sketch for the design team which will be posted today on the site;




This card I used a transparent journaling sentiment from My Mind's Eye and paired that with Blush Blossom, Sage, Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip card stock from Stampin' Up!. For the weathered edge, I cut my sage card stock 1/4 inch larger than the sentiment layer and wet the edges and turned them up with my fingers. I stitched the bottom layers together using a zigzag stitch and added some bling to the corners.


For this card, I used a collage stamp. I stamped the image in versamark and heat set a my own custom mix of black embossing powder and fine glitter, and then simply layered the image on black card stock and mounted that onto the card base with dimensional pop ups.

No comments: