Severe weather alert??? it's 91 degrees already!!!!!!!! It's going to hit 101 today????!!!!!!!!!! (for my family that's 38 degrees Celsius!)
I click the Severe Weather Alert link and this is what they say - my little notes are in lower case :-)
THE CITY OF SACRAMENTO WILL REACH AT OR NEAR THE CENTURY
MARK ON THURSDAY AND CONTINUE THROUGH THE WEEKEND.
OFFICIALLY (well, I have something unofficially to tell them
....Surprise!! lol) SUMMER WILLNOT ARRIVE UNTIL FRIDAY JUNE
20TH AT 459 PM PDT. RESIDENTS SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR THE
UPCOMING HEAT OVER THE WEEKEND (eerrr....maybe we should
have been told this earlier!!)AND THE COMING SUMMER OF 2008.
RESIDENTS (tourists....don't worry about it, you wont be affected)
SHOULD PLEASE (wow..that's polite of them...should and please next to
each other...I think that's a grammar faux pas in someone's book)
FOLLOW THESE HEAT SAFETY TIPS...
*DRINK PLENTY OF WATER (check)
*STAY IN AIR CONDITIONED PLACES BETWEEN 11 AM AND 7 PM.
(I ran and turned on the air conditioner, so check!)
*CHECK ON THE ELDERLY...ESPECIALLY OVERNIGHT. (yep, I am
coming knocking on your door at 2am to make sure you are ok...)
*NEVER LEAVE SMALL CHILDREN OR PETS ALONE IN A CAR. (errr...heello!!)
*REDUCE OUTDOOR STRENUOUS ACTIVITY. (yeah baby....no after
dinner 4 mile walk today!)
*DRESS APPROPRIATELY TO AVOID SUN BURN
(that means no shorts and tank tops people...jeans and long sleeved shirts please!)
FOR DOWNTOWN SACRAMENTO...and here comes the trivia which is quite interesting...
1. LAST YEAR...THE FIRST 100 DEGREE READING OR HIGHER
OCCURRED ON JUNE 13TH.
2. THE TOTAL NUMBER OF 100 DEGREE READINGS OR HIGHER
IN 2007 WAS 16.
3. THE AVERAGE NUMBER OF DAYS WITH 100 DEGREE READINGS
OR HIGHER IN A CALENDAR YEAR IS 22.
4. THE MOST 100 DEGREE READINGS OR HIGHER IN A MONTH
IS 17...SET JULY 1988 AND IN JULY 2003.
5. THE MOST 100 DEGREE READINGS OR HIGHER IN A CALENDAR
YEAR IS 41 TIMES SET IN 1988.
6. THE EARLIEST IT HAS REACHED 100 DEGREES OR HIGHER
IN A CALENDAR YEAR IS MAY 4TH IN 1990.
7. THE LATEST IT HAS REACHED 100 DEGREES OR HIGHER IN
A CALENDAR YEAR IS OCTOBER 10TH IN 1991.
8. THE RECORD FOR MOST CONSECUTIVE DAYS WITH 100 DEGREE
READINGS OR HIGHER IS 11 SET IN 2006...FROM JULY 16TH TO
9. THE RECORD FOR MOST CONSECUTIVE DAYS WITHOUT REACHING 100
DEGREES IS OVER 1100 DAYS SET AUGUST 1879 TO AUGUST 1882.
10. THE LEAST NUMBER OF 100 DEGREE READINGS OR HIGHER IN A
CALENDAR YEAR IS NONE...SET 3 TIMES. THE LAST OCCURRENCE WAS IN 1907.
11. THE LEAST NUMBER OF 100 DEGREE READINGS OR HIGHER THE LAST 25 YEARS
DURING A CALENDAR YEAR IS 5 TIMES SET IN 1982.
12. THE HOTTEST DAY IN RECENT MEMORY WAS 112 DEGREES ON JULY
13. THE HOTTEST DAY IN SACRAMENTO HISTORY WAS 114 DEGREES SET
ON JULY 17TH 1925. ACTUALLY THE TEMPERATURE REACHED 113.6 DEGREES ON
THAT DAY WHICH ROUNDED UP TO 114 DEGREES.
14. IT HAS REACHED 113 DEGREES JUST ONE ADDITIONAL TIME IN
SACRAMENTO HISTORY ON JULY 14TH 1972.
HAVE A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE SUMMER (hang on...summer
doesn't start until June 20!) FROM THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA.
OK...now that the shock of the temperature is over, it's back to work for me!
Have a good day everyone and stay cool!!