Monday, May 7, 2007

No stamping - Friendship wall hung picture coaster

I was suppose to be making my swap cards for the monthly Inner Circle Swap yesterday but my mind kept going to some Fancy Pants Rub-On's I purchased on Friday night and all the things I could do with them. Of course, the swaps were put to the side for later on in the afternoon and I embarked on a little project - a Friendship wall hung picture coaster.

The B&W photo is printed out wallet size on standard paper. A HP laserjet printer was used. The photo was then cut to size, Microglaze was dabbed on to seal the toner and give the image some shine. I glued the image on a 4x4, corner rounded Basic Grey designer paper and then applied my Fancy Pants Rub-Ons around and over the edges of the image.

Organza ribbon was used, which you can't see here, tied nicely in a bow at the top to be suspended from the wall. I applied sticky strip to the end of the ribbon and placed the ribbon between the front and the coaster. Sticky strip adheres the front to the coaster...you don't want to take any chances with it falling off.

Hope you like it.

No comments: